THE CHEF SELECTION HAMPER - UK Only
The Chef Selection hamper has great quality ingredients that will lift any dish and make them that bit special. What's more their provenance and regionality make them the real thing. Products here are from Liguria, Sicily, Tuscany, Le Marche, Modena and Rome:- Ligurian Capers in salt 180g. A regional caper from the Northern Coastal Ligurian region. Small capers which should be washed before use. No ogm.
- Sicilian Extra Virgin Olive Oil Centonze 500ml. It is a pure product, ideal to enhance the flavours of Mediterranean dishes.The purity and high quality of "Centonze" olive oil is confirmed by numerous awards both nationally and internationally.
- Porcini Mushroom Salt 150g. Perfect to enhance any mushroom dish, but especially risotto or pasta. Use to lift a steak and mushroom pie or your tomato sauces and a classic of Emilia Romagna.
- Lentils of Colfiorito 350g. It needs no soaking, cooking from dry in just 20 minutes. It is superb 'in umido' cooked with some pancetta (bacon), onion and some broth.
- Balsamic Vinegar "Dote" 250ml IGP. A bottle goes a long way and are superb on strawberries, with cheeses, or both (Parmesan and Pears), in salads... but the quality is just very good.
- Italian Pine nuts 20g. These Mediterranean gems are not oily, can be up to twice as long as Chinese ones, are nutty with no black bits. Italian pine nuts are full of flavour with overtones of orange and pine. In Italy we would use them to make Pesto Genovese, in cakes and desserts, in pasta toasted first they are unbelievable, with fish and in salads.